Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Kidney Transplant Workup | View Recording
Presenter: Amy Schurke, RN, BSN, CCTC
Biography: Ms. Schurke is a pre-transplant coordinator at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Identify patient referral process.
- Define first initial phone contact with a patient.
- Outline transplant workup process.
- Highlight importance of care partner support.
- Discuss transplant recipient expectations throughout workup and once listed.
- Identify barriers/hurdles patients may have prior to starting transplant process.
- Discuss listing process, barriers, and requirements.