MMO LAN meetings support CMS and the ESRD Networks as part of the MMO Initiative, which has a goal to reduce opioid misuse and improve effective medication management within all CMS Quality Networks. MMO LAN meetings help to:
- Educate providers regarding patient referrals to appropriate resources and/or implementation of appropriate practices for opioid management.
- Ensure persons with opioid disorder are treated in a respectful and person-centered manner.
- Leverage and align with existing programs and initiatives to combat opioid misuse.
- Identify and share successes and best practices to spread to other ESRD providers.
Registration details to come.
May 16, 2018
Pain Management Considerations for Patients on Dialysis | View Recording
Presenter: Katie E. Cardone, Pharm.D., BCACP, FNKF, FASN, FCCP
Biography: Dr. Cardone is an associate professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, New York.
- Educate dialysis facilities and clinicians in the end stage renal disease (ESRD) community about pain management for ESRD patients.
- Communicate the patient viewpoint regarding pain management for the ESRD patient.
- Identify and share successes and best practices to spread to other partner communities.
- Patient Experience of Care (PEOC) LAN
- Medication Management and Opioid (MMO) LAN
- Population Health Focused Pilot QIA (PHFPQ) LAN
- Quality Improvement Activity (QIA) Innovators Program
- 2018 BSI QIA LAN Archive
- 2018 Home Modality QIA LAN Archive
- 2018 Transplant QIA LAN Archive
- 2018 PEOC LAN Archive
- 2018 PHFP QIA LAN Archive